1. Recognize your condition.
- For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23).
- No one is good enough to go to Heaven on his own merit. No matter how much good we do, we still fall short.
2. Realize the penalty for sin.
- For the wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23).
- Just as there are wages for good, there is punishment for wrong. The penalty for our sin is eternal death in a place called Hell.
3. Believe Christ died for you.
- But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us (Romans 5:8).
- Christ’s great love for us was shown when He died on the cross to pay our sin debt.
4. Trust Christ alone as your Savior.
- But the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord (Romans 6:23). For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved (Romans 10:13).
- Everlasting life is a gift purchased by the blood of Jesus and offered freely to those who call upon Him by faith.
- Let us help you word a prayer. (Realize it’s not mere words that save, but your faith in Jesus Christ.): “Dear Jesus, I know I’m a sinner. Please forgive me for my sins. Jesus, come into my heart and save my soul from Hell. I’m trusting you, and you alone, to take me to Heaven when I die. Thank you for saving me, Jesus. Amen.”
If you just trusted Christ, or would like to learn more about the Bible’s way to heaven, you may use the contact form below, or visit our contacts page to find more ways to reach us.